Adoption ceremonies are unique and personal welcoming ceremonies combining storytelling with a family blending ceremony. Whether you are adopting to begin a new family, or bringing a fortunate child into an existing family, an adoption ceremony can be a wonderful experience to provide a warm welcome and introduction for all. It is a time to reassert that the old stigmas of adoption are relics far into the past, as you set the stage and the tone for your newly enriched family for years to come.
Jennifer can customize your ceremony with a number of unique elements, including but not limited to:
- Welcoming of the Child into the Family.
- Vows of the Parents and Siblings.
- Paying Homage to the Child's Heritage and Cultural Traditions.
- Celebration of the Name.
- Family Blending Ceremony.
- Readings, Poems, and Wishes.
- Family, Sibling, and Community Participation.
- Celebration of the Family.
- Sharing of Food and Drink.