An Increasingly Popular Ceremony for Children.
A Baby Welcoming, or Baby Naming ceremony, is a beautiful event to introduce your family and close friends to the joyous new addition to your family.
A variety of cultural traditions can be re-imagined to provide for a memorable occasion in which your baby is welcomed into a loving and supportive family and community. Contact Jennifer to discuss this beautiful ceremony for you child, family, and community.
Jennifer can customize your ceremony with a number of unique elements, including but not limited to:
- Honoring of the Parents and Grandparents.
- Explanation of the Name.
- Celebration of the Ancestral Roots.
- Assigning of Guideparents.
- Promises and Vows of the Parents and/or Guideparents.
- Readings, Poems, and Wishes.
- Family, Sibling, and Community Participation.
- Presentation and Welcoming of the Child.
- Sharing of Food and Drink.